Where we’ll go and what we’ll do
In Ireland, there is literally a marvel around every corner – landscape, literary, historical, or culinary – it’s why so many people love to go there. All that joy stuffed into a country the size of South Carolina. And the green? You have to see why they call it the “Emerald Isle” to believe it!
On our trips, we visit perennial favorites as well as hidden gems that, depending on your package may include:
- The Cliffs of Moher – sublime 700ft limestone cliffs; we will view them both from the top and from the water, a view you will never forget
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral – Dublin’s most famous landmark where Jonathan Swift, the
author of Gulliver’s Travels, was deacon and is now buried
- The Burren – Clare’s unique and alien landscape of glaciated karst stones formed over 10,000 years ago in the last ice age but whose origins go back over 300 million years
- Inisheer – the smallest and perhaps most picturesque of the Aran islands, where John Millington Synge walked the walled fields and wrote his famous plays like “Playboy of the Western World
- Giant’s Causeway – rumored to have been made by giants, this one-of-a-kind geological feature is one of Northern Ireland’s most famous attractions along its phenomenal Antrim coast. And it’s next door to Bushmill’s distillery. Bonus!
- Poulnabrone Dolmen – an ancient portal tomb whose stones have stood for over 5,000 years, longer than Egypt’s pyramids
- Killybegs – this sleepy seaside town in Donegal is one of the largest fishing ports in Ireland and it boasts some of the coziest pubs as well!
This list doesn’t even scratch the surface of all the amazing places you’ll see, nor does it include all of the amazing people you will meet and conversate with at every turn!
Click here for descriptions of each of our tour packages.